Android 8.0 Oreo is the newest operating system released and so far only a handful of smartphones have access to it: some Google smartphones such as Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, the latest Nexus devices, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus has a beta version. Many smartphones are on the list to receive the latest OS by Android.
Get Android Oreo on your Galaxy S4 Active
Those who do not want to wait more time until the official version of Android Oreo is available for Galaxy S4 Active can get an Aftermarket custom ROM, based on the Cyanogen Mod. LineageOS 15 has been created based on Android 8.0 Oreo and it offers endless customization opportunities.
Why Android Oreo?
Some of the excellent changes and features brought by Android 8.0 Oreo include:
- Redesigned emojis
- Picture-in-picture mode
- Access apps using the shortcut menu or the info screen
- Redesigned settings app
- Smart text option
- Bettered security
Lineage OS Android Distribution is a open source operating system (OS) used mostly on smartphones ad tablets. It has been designed respecting the same principles as the Android OS and it is the successor of Cyanogen Mod.
How to install LineageOS 15
Before installing the OS make sure you have backed up all the important pictures and information from your Galaxy S4 Active. After making sure your device is rooted, follow the following steps:
- Download LineageOS 15 for Galaxy S4 Active: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617938762
- Download Gapps: http://opengapps.org/?api=8.0&variant=stock&arch=ARM64
- Transfer the downloaded files into system storage and turn off the phone
- Reboot the phone into custom recovery, wipe Dalvik cache, Cache partition and system partition
- Install the two files and go one by one.
- Reboot the device again