It’s a good idea to know how to find out a forgotten WiFi password if in the past you’ve been connected to that network with your PC operated by Windows 10.
With a Windows 10 running computer, you can not crack passwords on wireless networks. You can not find out the WiFi connection password that your neighbor uses and he cannot find yours, simple as that.
However, you can find out a forgotten WiFi password of a wireless network to which your PC has been connected before, even if the connection was just a few minutes long and it happened with several months ago.
How to find out a forgotten WiFi password in Windows 10
There are two different methods you can follow to discover passwords of WiFi secure networks.
The first method – Your PC is connected to the WiFi network in question
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left of the screen and type View Network Connections;
- Click on the first result;
- Right-click on the name of the wireless network you are currently connected to;
- Click on Status;
- In the new dialogue box, click Wireless Properties;
- Go to the Security section and check Show Characters;
You will immediately see the password for that connection.
The second solution – Your PC is not connected/can’t connect to the WiFi network in question
- Click on Start;
- Type CMD;
- From the list of results, choose Command Prompt and right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator;
- In the new window, type ‘netsh wlan show profile’ (without quotation marks) and press Enter;
- Find the exact name of the network for which you want to discover the password, in the list that appeared on the screen;
- In the same Command Prompt window, type ‘netsh wlan show profile name=[WiFi Network Name] key=clear (without quotation marks and by replacing WiFi Network Name with the name of your WiFi net) and press Enter;
You should immediately see the password for your desired network.
These is how to find out a forgotten WiFi password in Windows 10.