In a humorous announcement trailer posted earlier today, the developers of the beloved card game, Hearthstone, teased a new expansion: The Witchwood!
- 135 new cards, among which a select few were presented in the trailer:
- Azalina Soulthief (3/3, 7 Cost): will replace your hand with an exact copy of the opponent’s
- Genn Graymane (6/5, 6 Cost): This card activates at the start of the game; if your deck only contains even-Cost card, your starting Hero Power costs 1 Mana
- Baku the Mooneater (7/8, 9 Cost): The counterpart to Genn Graymane, this will also activate at the start of the game. However, if your deck only contains odd-Cost cards, it will upgrade your Hero Power.
- Phantom Militia (2/4, 3 Cost): Echo (detailed below) & Taunt
- Militia Commander (2/5, 4 Cost): Rush & Battlecry: Gain +3 Attack this turn
- Pumpkin Peasant (2/4, 3 Cost): Worgen card (detailed below) & Lifesteal; because it is a Worgen card, the next turn it will turn into a 4/2 minion
- A new Hagatha card, which Blizzard chose to leave as a mystery for the time!
- New abilities!
- Echo, which makes it so that the card will cast itself over and over again until you run out of mana. For example, if you were to summon a 3-Cost minion with Echo and you had 9 mana, you would get 3 copies of it on the table.
- Rush: a weaker version of Charge, the minion can attack the turn it is summoned, however only other minions.
- Worgen cards will swap their attack and health for each turn they stay in your hand.
- A new free Monster Hunt single player mode, simiar to Kobolds & Catacombs’ Dungeon Run, which will challenge players to eight continuous difficult battles, leading into a big boss fight.
- Four new heroes, each with their own hero power and “cards that create new playstyles and strategies”
Pre-purchase & Release Date
Hearthstone: The Witchwood can be pre-purchased starting today, at the price of $49.99! As a bonus, for pre-purchasing the expansion, you will get 50+20 packs and a new “In a Dark Wood” card back!
More cards will be revealed starting with the 26th of March, when we will probably also get a more in-depth analysis of the new cards and abilities.
The expansion is scheduled to launch around the middle of April. For more information about the expansion, you can visit Blizzard’s official website on it!
What do you think, are you excited for the new DLC? Tell us in the comments down below! As always, stay tuned for more information regarding Hearthstone and general gaming news!