Team Coolstar has updated the popular jailbreak toolkit for iOS 11, Electra, to version 1.0.4 and there are some small additions that we wanted to keep you aware of.
You can download it over at https://coolstar.org/electra/ right now! This update came very quickly, only a few days after the previous 1.0.3 release, and it brings more stability and a smoother experience.
Changes in 1.0.4
Even though this is not a major update and thus only adds small improvements, it is still important. This update removes the faulty XPC code, which was causing issues with the software from the very beginning.
According to the official Electra website, “all of the XPC code that could possibly have been problematic since beta 11 is as of now removed. Thanks to the Meridian Team’s Psychotea, the ports TCP, UDP and XPC have been replaced with MIG. Additionally, Coolstar recommends users to also update Tweak Injector to 1.0.4 in order to ger sade mode in system daemons too”.
Users should be aware that if they already have version 1.0.3 or installed, they must delete the Electra jailbreak app from the Home screen and then sideload it again. Once that is done, the process must be done again using the latest version.
We will give you a brief description of how to jailbreak using Electra:
- Download both Electra jailbreak and Cydia Impactor;
- Turn off all your Touch ID/Face ID anti-theft protection;
- Connect your device to a PC/Mac;
- Launch Cydia Impactor and drag the Electra IPA onto it
- Follow the instructions of Cydia Impactor;
- Electra should be installed and on your home screen, don’t open it;
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and trust the Electra profile in there;
- Finally launch the Electra app from your Home screen and follow its instructions to finish the jailbreak.
Have you used Electra to jailbreak your iOS device? Tell us your experience with it in the comment section down below. As always, stay tuned for more information about iOS and Electra!