UC Browser is a great app that is enhancing everyone’s web browsing experiences. Even though Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world, UC Browser is cutting in close with over 130 monthly active users.
This huge user base reflects the quality of services that UC Browser offers and the fact that it’s able to compete directly against Google Chrome speaks volumes about its features.
Next Level Web Browsing
The thing that makes UC Browser special is its ability to download all types of files at incredible fast speeds. The developers equipped UC Browser with a special download manager that improves average download speeds.
Although, we need to mention that UC Browser does have its fair share of issues. But this is the case with all types of apps and these issues often get patched quickly.
Retry Download Issue
One of the issues that’s been plaguing UC Browser is not allowing users to restart their downloads. This problem is not caused by UC Browser’s software, but because the download link is changed. Luckily, this issue can be easily fixed and here’s how you can do it.
- Perform a complete “Backup” of the 2 files which can be found in the download folder. This is just a safety precaution;
- Now download the files whose link has been automatically changed by the provider;
- Pause the download right after it starts and reaches 1 kb;
- Exit UC Browser;
- Head on to the download folder and rename the previously copied 2 downloaded files (original download and .temp file) with the names of the new files. In addition, the original files can only be renamed after deleting the new ones;
- All that’s left now is to start UC Browser once again and prompt the download process which automatically picks up where it stopped before.