Yesterday we reported on the latest update for VidMate which introduces a bunch of new software tweaks and bug fixes that enhance the app’s performances. However, today we want to delve a little bit deeper and present everyone with a step by step guide on how to install the new update since it comes in the form of APK (android package kit) and it is not being rolled out OTA (over the air).
Android Package Kit Updates
Before we present the step by step installation guide for VidMate’s latest 3.6418 APK we need to talk about the system requirements. Since this is an APK update, the first thing that VidMate fans who want to install the new update need to have is an Android powered smartphone. Luckily, the update can be installed on older smartphones since it requires a minimum of Android 4.0.3 Jelly Bean. With that said, let’s get into it.
How to Install the New VidMate 3.4618 APK
- Head over to VidMate’s official website and download the latest APK on your Android powered smartphone;
- Wait for the download process to finish (it shouldn’t take long since the file is small);
- Open the Settings panel on your smartphone and then enable the “Unknown Sources” option so that the smartphone becomes eligible to install APKs;
- Head over to the “Downloads” folder on your smartphone and tap on the recently downloaded APK file (it can also be found in the notifications panel);
- The only thing left to do now is to wait for the installation process to finish loading.
Truth be told, having to manually download and install an update is a bit annoying. However, this is all worth it because all the latest APK updates for VidMate introduce new features, software and bug fixes that take the app’s performances to the next level.