The greatest thing about Fortnite is the fact that the game never gets boring, even though players are always fighting on the same map. The way that Epic Games manages to achieve this is by releasing a constant stream of updates that introduce new features, graphical updates and balance changes to the game. With that said, Fortnite’s new Season 7 is close to going live and the official patch notes for the update have been released by Epic Games. Today we are going to take a look at the coolest features that Fortnite’s upcoming patch will introduce so that players can get a glimpse of what’s to come.
Did you ever think that Fortnite is going to receive airplanes? Epic Games has announced that Season 7 will introduce “X-4 Stormwing Planes” and that players will get to fly with them. To make things even better, the planes can hold more than one person and they can do barrel rolls.
Another great feature that is being introduced alongside Season 7 are wraps. The wraps can be used by players to customize their vehicles. Not just that, but players will also be able to customize their weapons by using the “gift” wraps.
- New Battle Pass
Fortnite players should be happy to know that Season 7 is also coming with a new Battle Pass that will feature lots of cool cosmetic items. Just like in all other seasons, this Battle Pass has 100 levels that come with 100 rewards. In addition, the Battle Pass is priced at 950 V-Bucks (in-game currency).
- Iceberg Map Change
The trailer for Season 7 (featured below) shows that Fortnite’s classic Battle Royal map is going to receive some major changes. The biggest change that players are going to notice other than the snow and ice, is that the map has a giant iceberg dome. Furthermore, the patch notes reveal that Fortnite’s map will now have a bunch of new locations known as “Polar Peak” and “Frosty Flights”.
- Updated the minimum macOS version required to run Fortnite on Mac to 10.13.16;
- Added some optimizations for when players build structures.
- Fixed daily Challenge text and some other text to properly switch when changing languages;
- Fixed a crash when terminating the game because of an error during initialization;
- Fixed a potential performance degradation when loading content;
- Modified the error window to use a scrolling region for overflowing text;
- Fixed a bug causing weapon impact effects to play when shooting friendly players, even though no damage was being dealt.
- Improved the data layout on Xbox One to improve loading times generally and reduce building streaming issues in Battle Royale;
- Optimized spawning pickups when a player is eliminated;
- Optimized the performance of the Dynamite fuse;
- Switch audio performance improvements – falling sounds no longer hitch;
- Minor Switch rendering optimizations to help generate framerate.
- Made the Fortnite taskbar icon blink (Windows only) upon successfully entering a lobby after matchmaking if the application is minimized or inactive in the background;
- Minimized chat text on PC and Mobile is no longer clickable. Clicking the chat entry box will still expand the chat text as normal.
Wrapping Things Up…
As we can clearly see, Fortnite fans are in for lots of fun once Season 7 starts. The new patch is going to introduce lots of cool weapons, skins and items, but the best thing about it is that it also takes care of known bug fixes and software issues that affected Fortnite’s performance. This is the biggest patch that Fortnite has ever received and it sets the standard for all the next one.